At Chestnut Park Primary School, we believe that uniform provides children with a sense of pride in their school.
It is our policy that all children wear the appropriate school uniform when attending school, or when participating in a school organised event, even if outside normal school hours. The uniform code for Chestnut Park Primary School has been consulted upon during the Schools’ consultation period. Any changes, once the school is open, to the school uniform policy will be made in consultation with the Parents forum.
We are always taking a sensitive approach where regulations regarding uniform conflict with a child’s religious or cultural beliefs. Our Equality Policy recognises the importance of cultural diversity in this respect and stipulates that we do not discriminate on grounds of race, creed or gender.
It is the responsibility of the Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher to ensure that the uniform policy is followed and for class teachers to make the parents and carers aware of any problems with a child’s uniform.
On grounds of health and safety, we do not allow children to wear jewellery in our school. An exception is ear-ring studs in pierced ears. We ask that parents or the children remove these during PE and sports clubs.
- Address: 45 - 51 Church Street, Croydon, CR9 1QQ
- Telephone: 0208 680 4555 / 0208 688 1830
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.hewittsofcroydon.com
Opening Times: Monday - Saturday 09.30am - 18.00pm
Our uniform includes:
- Grey school trousers, skirts or pinafores
- Grey tailored knee length shorts in the summer-optional
- Grey v-neck jumper with maroon stripe to the strolling and school logo or Grey v-neck cardigan with maroon stripe to the strolling
- Yellow and white checked dress in the summer-optional
- School coat with logo- optional
- White shirt- long or short sleeved
- Plain black school shoes*
- White socks for girls or grey / Maroon tights
- School maroon tie
- School book bag
- School ruck sack-optional
- White T shirt with school logo
- Maroon shorts and Maroon Jog Trouser (optional)
- Black plimsolls
- School PE bag with logo
- Sunhats that do not have the school logo must be plain maroon, grey or black
- We encourage children to wear the Chestnut Park Primary School coat. All other coats should
be in a plain colour
- Plain black school shoes*
- Plain black flat boots (in the winter) with school shoes brought to school in a separate bag
*Black shoes should be flat, fully-fitted and easy to fasten by your child
All uniform should be clearly labelled with your child’s name and class
Any reasons for a variation in the uniform must be discussed with a senior member of staff.
All uniform should be clearly labelled with your child’s name and class Additional requirements -
Plain gold or silver stud earrings are permitted, but NOT on PE days. Any reasons for a variation in the uniform must be discussed with a senior member of staff.